Bus Running Late?
If your child’s bus is more than 10 minutes late and you’d like to check on its status, the fastest way to get that information is to call First Student, the district’s contracted bus service, directly. Simply call 314-863-9500 and the dispatcher will be able to check on the status of that route. They are in constant radio contact with the bus drivers and can also track our buses by GPS.
When Should Students Be at the Bus Stop?
Due to variations in weather and traffic, a bus may arrive at a scheduled stop within a five-minute window (earlier or later) of the time listed in the bus route schedules posted below. Therefore, parents/guardians are asked to make sure a student is at his/her assigned stop at least five minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
How Are Bus Stops Determined?
For both time and cost efficiencies, the district currently adheres to the following basic guidelines in determining bus routes and stops:
- Bus transportation is not provided for students living less than one mile from their school.
- If a cul-de-sac, or neighborhood, is less than a half-mile deep from the main entrance, students at all grade levels will be picked up and dropped off from the entrance to the subdivision or street.
- No individual house stops will be made unless specifically required by a student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
After School Transportation
The district offers late service transportation for high school and middle school students as outlined below. Please Note: Late service transportation buses do not follow normal morning and afternoon home-school routes. Late service buses primarily drop students off at main intersections and drop-off times may vary greatly depending on the number of students using the service and where those students reside.
If you have questions about late service transportation, or need assistance after 4:30 p.m., please contact First Student at 314-863-9500.
High School: Late service transportation is provided on a daily basis, with the exception of early release days.
- Late service buses are provided at 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The 5:30 p.m. activity bus is intended for those needing transportation after athletic practice only.
- On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, two buses provide transportation to the entire district.
- On Monday and Friday, one bus provides transportation to the entire district.
Middle School: Late service transportation is provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:20 p.m. Five buses provide transportation to the entire district.
Conway Elementary Bus Route Information Old Bonhomme Elementary Bus Route Information Reed Elementary Bus Route Information Spoede Elementary Bus Route Information Ladue Middle School Bus Route Information Ladue Horton Watkins High School Bus Route Information